Friday, July 15, 2011

Journey to a Happy, Peaceful, and a Calm Wife/(Step)Mother.

S.T.R.E.S.S.
We run, run, run, through our days. Rarely have time to enjoy the funny things our kids say or the way they say it. 
At my house there is a constant flurry of action. Games, practices, "I'm bored", "I don't want to take a bath/brush my hair/put away my things", and don't forget the dishwasher is still broken as well as the dryer.

Dang kids don't do their chores and when they do...it needs to be re-done.

Work, taxi, cook, clean, laundry (for 7!), yard work, homework and dating patrol, never enough money, never enough me...seems endless.

I am weary. I know I should have a better attitude. This is life. Scott Peck says, "Life is difficult." Boy, ain't that the truth.

I've started reading "The Happiness Project: Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun" by Gretchen Rubin. (She also has a website http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/start-.html)

I am always hoping for the perfect time to "be alone and work through this or that plan and de-stress"

Let's face it, I have 5 kids, a full time job, a part time job and a new husband. I need to start now. In the midst of this chaos.

So, here's what I know:
I love my kids. All of them.
I love my Husband.
I love my family.
I love that I have really really really close, supportive, outspoken friends.
I love our house. I love where we live, I love the layout and the yard, I love the funky 70's wall paper, fixtures, and counters.
I love being a Public Librarian. Talking to people about our services and books...yum!

My first step to realizing how happy I actually am, well first two steps, is this blog and in the words of the preschool song "If you're happy and you know it, then your face will really show it". I will raise my eyebrows, stand up straight, and act happy.

To start...
Happy Friday :) What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment