Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Things About Summer Growing Up

Inspired by: 



Mama’s Losin’ It

  1. Swimming in the backyard pool whenever we wanted
  2. Riding bicycles miles and miles back and forth with my Best Friend Julia
  3. At least two weeks at Lake Tenkiller = water skiing, jumping off cliffs, eating junk food, hunting crawdads, more swimming, reading, and sleeping in a tent (away from my Dad's snores)
  4. Church Camp (Falls Creek)
  5. Vacation Bible School (aka VBS)
  6. No Homework
  7. Wearing cut-offs and a swimming suit every day
  8. Going barefoot
  9. Knowing chores had to be done before Mom and Dad got home and waiting until about 30 min before to do them
  10. Long days and not having to be home until dark.
Wish I could bring back those days for my kids :) Sigh. 

Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma

4 comments:

  1. Oh those were the days! I loved all those same things about my childhood summers. Especially swimming, riding bikes and VBS. Thanks for stopping by to make my SITS day so fun. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! SITS is doing such a great job!

      Delete
  2. For me - it was no homework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we get to work against the "Summer Brain Drain"

      Delete