Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What is wrong with her!?!

Write a post about a childhood memory as if you're in that moment again...from the perspective of yourself as that child from Mama's Losin It 's writing prompts.

"What happened? We use to be the best of friends. Then you went away to camp and came back a total nightmare! "
Use to play together all the time; dolls, jungle girls, who can run the obstacle course the fastest. We rode bikes and swam...it was great.

Then she went to camp. When she came back she was really different. We fought like cats and dogs. She was purposefully irritating! I thought she was rude and disrespectful and got away with stuff I never did...I started a campaign against her with my parents. I told my mother many times "If you would just spank her she would stop". 

This is what I thought about my little sister for about 25 years.

We were in our mid to late 20's. We stayed up late talking at my Grandma's house. All our little one's were in bed, Grandma was in bed, the old farm house was quiet.

We talked about this and that, parenting, husbands, and we started talking about when we were kids...

I told her about how wonderfully we got along until. she. went. to. camp. 

She listened and finally said, "'Licia, how old were you when I went to camp?" I said, "Um, probably about 12."
Then she just looked at me.
Then it hit me like a ton of bricks!

For over 20 years I thought SHE was the one who changed.

When all along...it was me.

Stupid hormones.

This is my public apology for falsely accusing my sister for all these years.
Love Alicia


Sadly, I thought she was crazy here too...I was pregnant and didn't know it yet...
Sorry again, Kerri xxxx

 


No comments:

Post a Comment