Friday, December 2, 2011

Fool disclosure

Have you ever been hit in the face with a piece of information about yourself and thought, "WOW. I totally missed that about myself!" ?

I attended the Women of Faith conference with my Mom and Sister (from the "What's Wrong With Her" post) in Oklahoma City, OK.


Where on the first morning Patsy Clairemont talked about Proverbs 29:11 NIV "A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control." but she said her and woman.
That's when I had my "WOW. I totally missed that about myself!"  moment.

Now, I was raised in church. (Hilltop Baptist, Norman OK. Halla) I do not use the word "Fool" lightly. 

The  Biblical Definition of Fool is often used for a sinful, wicked or immoral person who will not obey the commands of the Lord. The fool acts contrary to biblical wisdom in his choices and behavior. He follows his own inclinations and desires. The fool prefers to enjoy the immediate, insignificant pleasures of the here and now to obeying and serving the Lord and being rewarded in eternity. A person who is a fool despises wisdom and instruction. A person is a fool who despises wisdom and instruction.

Since my early adult years I have consciencely tried to not to lie or be a part of untruth. I think I have always been my authentic self.  In that desire I thought that full disclosure was the way to go.
I am a librarian and information is power. If I know something and you don't, how can you make the correct decision? How can I if I don't know how you are feeling about a situation?
So with that in mind, I have been very open about my thoughts and feelings, and truely expected that from those I deal with on a daily basis.

Imagine my chagrin to find out I have behaving foolishly this whole time!

I would like to take a moment to apologize to my family (current and ex), friends, and co-workers for this mistake.
The more time I spent thinking about this incredible revelation, the more events make sense.
See, I really really really thought I was just engaging in no-punches-pulled dialogue. I did try to use tact as often as possible but it turns out I was just making a fool of myself.
So, guys, I am really sorry for my fool disclosure attitude.
I pray that God help me learn to keep my mouth shut.
I found this online:

I also pray my daughter M learns this lesson earlier than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment